Hosted at Academia Eu+
Day 1 "Parkour"
*17th. 10am-2pm (1 hr. Break) 3pm-7pm "Student Curriculum Levels 1-3 Breakdown"
Focuses on Parkour based techniques so it’s more about the philosophy (A to B as fast a you can) & basics in going over, under, through any and all obstacles in your way. In particular our 5 key events: wall, floor, vaults, bars, & trampoline. Thoroughly dissecting each skill in a 3 part system: beginning, middle, end to help you as an instructor easily find & fix all imperfections. Full day is two 4hr. time blocks with a 1hr. break in between.
Day 2 "Freerunning"
*18th. 9am-noon (1 hr. Break) 1pm-4pm "Student curriculum Levels 4-5 Breakdown"
Transferring focus to Freerunning by taking all those same core basics in Parkour, using the events now as tools instead of obstacles to help find your students own artistic expression by adding flips, tricks, challenges, etc. Full day is two 3hr. time blocks with a 1hr. break in between.
Day 3 "Testing"
*19th. 9am-noon (1 hr. Break) 1pm-4pm "Testing"
Every student will need to have their own written, or typed out 55 minute lesson plan finished & ready to teach a specific 15 minute portion of that lesson to the other participants acting as students. You will be given a breakdown on your specific event & skills from the curriculum the evening before "Testing day". You will be judged on safety: good explanations of all progressions needed, testing all stations before students, setting mats where needed, spotting where needed, also a visual skills exam to cap it all off. Full day is two 3hr. time blocks with a 1hr. break in between.
Important info: Students will not be expected to be able to physically complete all skills incorporated in the curriculum, but more on having a strong understanding of all basics & safe progressions needed for students advancement- i.e., pads when needed, spotting, strength exercises, etc.
This is the gold standard for parkour instructor training in the U.S. , U.K. & Canada (over 900 individuals trained and certified to date)
Below is a link to a video from one of our previous certifications just to help you get an idea of the overall experience.
Certification Video: https://youtu.be/DDdqNQmW0Fs
What to expect:
- This is a hands-on course. Please wear athletic clothing and be prepared to move!
- The physical assessment portion is to allow the World Freerunning Parkour Federation (WFPF) master trainers to see how comfortable the group is with movement and basic parkour skills.
- Having participants physically learn and try the skills and progressions throughout the certification course also provides an opportunity for participants to identify errors and help to correct them.
- If for any reason you are unable to physically participate in the course, please note that certification is still possible - the trainers are primarily looking for your ability to confidently and competently teach the material.
What you will receive:
- Curriculum Booklets
- Upon successful completion: electronic Certificate and WFPF coach ID*
What to wear:
Comfortable, athletic clothing.
What to bring:
- Water, a notebook and pen, copy of the course handouts (print or electronic).
- The course handouts will be e-mailed to all registered participants a few days before the course start date.
*Renewal fee is currently $50 US per annul.