Hosted at The Wilding Project
Level 1 "Parkour" 2 day event
*25th. 9am-1pm (1 hr. Break) 2pm-6pm "Student Curriculum Levels 1-3 Breakdown"
This days foucus is Parkour - The art of getting from A to B as fast a you can going over, under, through any and all obstacles in your way. We start by showing / having you feel the recommended strength & momentum based progressions you can use with your students to asset their bodies abilities for you to then have a smart safe foundation to build upon. The 4 key obstacles we will cover are : wall, floor, vaults & bars. We will show you how to thoroughly dissect every skills at each obstacle in a 3 part system: beginning, middle, end to help you as an instructor easily locate, explain & fix all imperfections that might inhibit the students future goal skills as they advance through the curriculum. Full day is two 4hr. time blocks with a 1hr. break in between.
*26th. 9am-noon (1 hr. Break) 1pm-4pm "Testing"
Every student will need to have their own written, or typed out a 55 minute full class plan finished & ready to teach a specific 15 minute portion of that lesson to the other participants acting as students. You will be given a breakdown on your specific event & skills from the curriculum the evening before "Testing day". You will be judged on safety: good explanations of all progressions needed, testing all stations before students, setting mats where needed, spotting where needed. Full day is two 3hr. time blocks with a 1hr. break in between.
Important info: Students will not be expected to be able to physically complete all skills incorporated in the curriculum, but more on having a strong understanding of all basics & safe progressions needed for students advancement- i.e., pads when needed, spotting, strength exercises, etc.
This is the gold standard for parkour instructor training in the U.S. , U.K. , Canada , Portugal & now Australia with over 1,000 individuals trained and certified to date.
Below is a link to a video from one of our previous certifications just to help you get an idea of the overall experience.
Certification Video: https://youtu.be/DDdqNQmW0Fs
Registration Deadline: April 14th 2020
What to expect:
- This is a hands-on course. Please wear athletic clothing and be prepared to move!
- The physical assessment portion is to allow the World Freerunning Parkour Federation (WFPF) master trainers to see how comfortable the group is with movement and basic parkour skills.
- Having participants physically learn and try the skills and progressions throughout the certification course also provides an opportunity for participants to identify errors and help to correct them.
- If for any reason you are unable to physically participate in the course, please note that certification is still possible - the trainers are primarily looking for your ability to confidently and competently teach the material.
What you will receive:
- Curriculum Booklets
- Upon successful completion: electronic Certificate and WFPF coach ID*
What to wear:
Comfortable, athletic clothing.
What to bring:
- Water, a notebook and pen, copy of the course handouts (print or electronic).
- The course handouts will be e-mailed to all registered participants a few days before the course start date.
*Renewal fee is currently $50 USD per annul.